Short-Term Enrollment Program

This is an independent study program for students who are regularly enrolled in another private or public school, but want to take additional credits beyond what the school offers, take a semester away, or enroll part time in Clonlara School’s Off-Campus Program and part time in the other school. It is primarily used by high school students, but any student in grades K-12 can enroll in this program.

Ideal For Students Who:

Need credit recovery due to illness, learning disabilites, or other reason.

Are gifted and have a special interest they want to study in-depth.

Want to learn a subject not offered at their regular school.

Are experiencing health issues that prevent them from attending school full-time.

Program Overview

Receive guidance and support from a Clonlara Advisor who will help develop and implement a plan of independent study.

High school students may earn up to a maximum of 2 credits.

Independent study work must be completed within a 12-month time period.

The student’s regular school (not Clonlara) holds the transcript.

Clonlara transfers high school credits earned in the Short Term Program to the student’s regular school.

Enrollment Information

Fees & Refund Policy

$685 – includes tuition, registration and credit transfer fees. Tuition may be paid in full or in two installments. This program is non-refundable.

Pre-Approval Required

Before enrolling, students should contact a Clonlara Enrollment Associate and speak with the guidance counselor at their regular school to discuss their options and determine how short-term enrollment might fit with their overall educational plan.

The student’s regular school must pre-approve the credits to be earned while enrolled in Clonlara’s short-term program.

Verification of Accepting Credits Form

Students must download this form and have it completed by a guidance counselor or other official at the school to which the credits will be transferred.

Registration Form

After Clonlara receives the signed Credit Verification Form, we will send student/parent a Short-Term Enrollment Form to complete.


Please call us at (734)769-4511 and ask to speak with an Enrollment Associate.